How do Beacons work?
- Craft a message via the Eventsential Backoffice, ready to send once you walk in range of the Beacon
- The physical Beacon itself is placed somewhere strategically in your walking path
- Install the Eventsential app on your device
- Enable Bluetooth LE on your device
- As you walk through the Beacon radius, the Eventsential app, using Bluetooth, sees the Beacon and Eventsential goes to the server (the Backoffice) using the available wifi/wireless connection, and fetches the message that was prepared earlier
- You get a notification, which is your Beacon
- Tap the message to open and read
The message appears in your selected Events notifications only on devices that see the Beacon(s).